Sale of Kukuiolono lands, 1906.

GOVERNMENT LANDS ANNOUNCEMENT.

ANNOUNCING THE SALE OF SOME GOVERNMENT LANDS KNOWN AS THE “KUKUIOLONO LOT,” KALAHEO, KAUAI.

At 12 o’clock noon, on Monday, January 7, 1907, at the front of the Judiciary Building [Hale Hookolokolo] of Honolulu, there will be a public auction under the provisions of Section 17, Part IV, Land Act, 1895. (Section 276, Revised Laws of Hawaii.), the above premises consisting of 178.2 acres of mountain pastoral land.

The low bid to be $891.00, plus the cost of the Patent and stamp.

Terms: 10 per cent of total purchase price to be paid at the time and place of sale; 10 per cent of same total, one year from date of sale; 20 per cent of same total, two, three, four and five years from date of sale. Interest on unpaid balance at rate of 6 per cent per annum, to be paid annually.

For conditions regarding tree planting, fencing, and so forth, or for plan of lot, or any information needed to be asked, inquire at the office of the undersigned, Judiciary Building, Honolulu, H. T.

JAMES W. PRATT.

Commissioner of Public Lands [Komikina o na Aina Aupuni].

Honolulu, December 7, 1906.

[It is interesting that Kauai lands were put up for auction off island. Were all government land auctions done in Honolulu?]

(Kuokoa, 12/7/1906, p. 8)

HOOLAHA AINA AUPUNI.

Ka Nupepa Kuokoa, Buke XLV, Helu 49, Aoao 8. Dekemaba 7, 1906.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s