The picture above is a picture of the Kamehameha Boys’ Schoolhouse, which stands on the grounds in Kalihi, upland of King Street [Alanui Alii], and its area is 82 acres.
The school supervisors are the Hon. C. R. Bishop, President; Rev. C. M. Hyde, D. D., Vice President; Hon. S. M. Damon, Treasurer; C. M. Cooke, Secretary; Hon. Joseph O. Carter. Financial Committee—Bishop, Damon, and Cooke. Education Committee—Bishop, Hyde, and Carter.
Instructors—Theodore Richards, Principal; U. Thompson, Science and Carpentry; R. B. Anderson, Mathematics and Manual Labor; D. S. Ruevsky, Science, Political Science, and Printing; G. H. Babb, Drawing, Wood Shop, and Military Education; L. C. Lyman, Head of the Steam and Electric Engines; Mrs. Andrews, Matron; Miss Katherine Pope, English Language and Reading; Miss A. A. Snow, Geography and History; D. Kanuha, Sewing Teacher; N. N. Kauhane, Assistant Steam Engineer; S. S. Mahuka, Librarian.
(Kuokoa, 6/2/1894, p. 1)