Some Names of Government Streets here in Honolulu.—The Privy Council of the King pronounced:
The street between Beretania Street and Ii Street is Emma Street; the street between the Polynesian printing house and the Sailors’ House is Paki Street; the street between Nuuanu Street and Liliha Street upland of Waikahalulu Falls is Wailele Street; the street from Nuuanu to Kalihi seaside of the house of Gerrit P. Judd [Kauka Judd] is Kalihi Street; the street from Nuuanu to Kalihi makai of Hali’s [?] place and upland of the church is Maemae Street; the street from Nuuanu until Royal School [ka hale Kula Alii] seaside of Bishop’s house is Ii Street; the street from Nuuanu until Fort Street upland of Turena Church [?? halepule o Turena] is Kukui Street.
(Hae Hawaii, 12/3/1856, p. 158)