WHERE CONSUMPTIVES ARE AIDED
“Pa Ola Day Camp,” opened about a year ago near the new Kaumakapili church, is doing a valuable share of the work in the local anti-tuberculosis campaign. The bungalow, shown above, is used for housing cases sent by local physicians or by the nurses of Palama Settlement. During the past ten months seventy-one cases have been treated and twenty left either cured or greatly improved.
The Men’s League of Central Union Church has undertaken the maintenance of this important work. A special committee consisting of A. F. Griffiths, president of Oahu College; F. C. Atherton and H. G. Dillingham, appointed at the last meeting of the league, has issued a letter to the constituency of the league, calling for contributions toward the expense of the camp for the year 1911.
Contributions may be sent to or left with J. R. Galt, treasurer of the Men’s League, at the Hawaiian Trust Company. All gifts, from whatever source, will be acknowledged and put to work to help save human lives.
“PA OLA DAY CAMP.”
(Hawaiian Star, 3/25/1911, p. 4)