The French man-of-war “Eurydice” landed from Nihoa, with Kamehameha IV, the King, and the Governor of Oahu [Mataio Kekuanaoa], on the 25th of April.
They were at Nihoa touring, and their trip was fine, and they came back in good health. They brought back three “Elephants of the sea [Elepani o ke kai] (sea lions),” from there.
The ship will return to Oahu tomorrow.
Hanalei, Kauai, April 27, 1857.
(Hae Hawaii, 5/13/1857, p. 26)