Fireworks accident #2, 1912.

HAND BLOWN UP BY DYNAMITE

To celebrate the passing of the old year and so too the arrival of the new year, Robert Kaleiheana of Waialua got into an accident when his hand was blown up by dynamite this past Sunday; however his injuries were not terribly severe.

According to the news of that explosion, there were many Waialua people entertaining themselves by setting off fireworks, but what Kaleiheana was setting off was dynamite, and because he held on to the stick of powder in his hand for too long, that was why he got in trouble when the fuse caught on fire until the explosion.

His hand is what was hurt, and the police were informed, and the injured was treated immediately; and from what they say, his injuries were not very severe.

(Kuokoa, 1/5/1912, p. 1)

PA-HULA KA LIMA E KE KiANA PAUDA

Ka Nupepa Kuokoa, Buke XLVIII, Helu 1, Aoao 1. Ianuari 5, 1912.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s