Beginnings of the Bishop Museum, 1888.

[Found under: “This and That.”]

The Portuguese are hewing a-la stone in the uplands of Waipilopilo for the new structure that the Hon. C. R. Bishop is considering building for the benefit of the young children of the school and a place to house the antiques of the royal women Pauahi and Kaleleonalani.

(Kuokoa, 6/2/1888, p. 3)

Na ka poe Pukiki...

Ka Nupepa Kuokoa, Buke XXVII, Helu 22, Aoao 3. Iune 2, 1888.