NEW BOARD OF HEALTH DISPENSARY.
A new location where medicines will be dispensed for the Board of Health [Papa Ola] will be built on the government land, Ewa side of Fire Station Number 1 [Hale Kaawai o ka Helu 1], on King street; it will be a more pleasant and safe place for the sick to go to, not like how it is now at Kapamoo, where the building is very small and some have to stand outside.
Henry F. Bertelmann [H. F. Bakalamana] received the contract to construct the building; he was the low bid of $1,700, better than the others.
[Bertelmann is often seen also as Bertlemann.]
(Kuokoa, 3/2/1889, p. 3)