A CONCERT AND DANCE.
At eight o’clock tomorrow night, the Haleiwa Choir [Hui Himeni o Haleiwa] will hold a concert and dance in the K. P. Hall [Knights of Pythias Hall], and from what was told to this office, the Choir is highly acclaimed for the beauty of their singing and their music.
There will be other groups as well joining with them singing that night, like the Ulumahiehie Club, Kamehameha Glee Club, the girls of the teachers’ school, and some other singers; the ears will be entertained listening to all the mele that will be sung that night.
The band of Haleiwa will be the ones to provide the songs to dance to that night, and this below is the program of the singing:
1. Instrumental [Hookani Pila] . . . . . Haleiwa Glee Club
2. Solo and Group . . . . . Amy Awai and Glee Club
3. Singing . . . . . Ulumahiehie Club
4. Singing and Yodeling [? Ulalaeho] . . . . . Sam Kekahuna and Glee Club
5. Quartet . . . . . Teachers’ School
6. Solo . . . . . Amy Awai
7. Singing . . . . . Ulumahiehie Club
8. Singing and Yodeling . . . . . Sam Kekahuna and Glee Club
9. Duet . . . . . Amy Awai, E. Awai
10. Singing (Medley) . . . . . Kamehameha Glee Club
11. Instrumental . . . . . Haleiwa Glee Club
12. Song of the Island . . . . . Amy Awai and Glee Club
(Kuokoa 7/7/1911, p. 10)