Here is Bishop Hall today on the campus of the Bernice Pauahi Bishop Museum. Although it is not open to the public, you still can see the beautiful stone facade! Please consider a membership at the Museum, and support a good cause. The Bishop Museum cares for one of the largest collections of Hawaiian-Language Newspapers in its archives!!
The picture above is a picture of the Kamehameha Boys’ Schoolhouse, which stands on the grounds in Kalihi, upland of King Street [Alanui Alii], and its area is 82 acres.
The school supervisors are the Hon. C. R. Bishop, President; Rev. C. M. Hyde, D. D., Vice President; Hon. S. M. Damon, Treasurer; C. M. Cooke, Secretary; Hon. Joseph O. Carter. Financial Committee—Bishop, Damon, and Cooke. Education Committee—Bishop, Hyde, and Carter.
Instructors—Theodore Richards, Principal; U. Thompson, Science and Carpentry; R. B. Anderson, Mathematics and Manual Labor; D. S. Ruevsky, Science, Political Science, and Printing; G. H. Babb, Drawing, Wood Shop, and Military Education; L. C. Lyman, Head of the Steam and Electric Engines; Mrs. Andrews, Matron; Miss Katherine Pope, English Language and Reading; Miss A. A. Snow, Geography and History; D. Kanuha, Sewing Teacher; N. N. Kauhane, Assistant Steam Engineer; S. S. Mahuka, Librarian.
(Kuokoa, 6/2/1894, p. 1)